1.12.2007

SKETCHBOOK #4, page 7


...and here is the poem I wrote while my friends slumbered in their hotel room beds.

Note in the middle of the page I wrote: Big Window/Chair. This is what I was looking out of and what I was sitting in, respectively, while writing this poem. Mostly what I could see from our window was the interstate, which is really pretty appropriate for first impressions of Atlanta.

The last line kind of cracks me up a little -- at the time, I thought me and my friends had actually made up the word "Hotlanta." We were always real big on wordplay, and since we were visiting Atlanta for the first time on our own, I just figured it was something we had come up with... so I put it in the poem... and now, in hindsight, it looks like I was reading a tourism billboard out the window. or something.

The drawing cut-out from lined paper is something I had doodled in school. I think I used it as a bookmark for a while, but then I guess I decided it would make a nice illustration for this page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home