1.20.2007

SKETCHBOOK #4, page 15



Richard Trione.

Drawn during class... I can't remember the actual name of the class, but it was something like "Introduction to Technology Applications" or something along those lines. We had little week-long stations where we'd learn about video production, or electricity, or MIDI music composition. It was totally weak and watered down; we worked from these extremely basic workbooks which gave us a daily assignment/experiment that could be completed in about fifteen minutes. It was a cool class, though, if for no other reason than it gave us about an hour every day to goof around. I caught up on my sleeping, read a lot, and drew pictures of my friends.

Note the "circuit board" in the lower left corner. There's also one in the drawing I posted yesterday. I liked the idea of circuitry as a recurring motif, and I remember thinking that I was going to put one in all of my drawings, as a sort of personal calling card. I guess I just stopped thinking it was cool after that week or so, though, 'cause that's about how long it lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home